Have you been searching for a good battery to power your automobile engine, headlights, and other electronics? If I heard you answer yes, then you have landed on the right page. This is because we have invested a great deal of our time, money and skill in compiling a report aimed at answering this same question. We settled on the Optima Batteries.
For a start, Optima is a 40-year engineering company that specializes in the manufacture of power products. It is undoubtedly the best, if not one of the very best, power products manufacturing company. We have identified and reviewed five of its key products as of the year 2019 below. We hope our Optima Battery Reviews will go a long way in solving your need.
A quick look at the top rated Optima Batteries
5 Best Optima Battery Reviewed
Do you reside in a cold area? If so, you definitely want a high-performance engine that can withstand terrible cold. This battery is intended for such conditions. As you shall see in the mini-review that follows, it has all the relevant features.
High Power Output: The battery has the capacity to generate high power of around 12 Volts. This is pretty high enough to power just about any size of the engine. So, whether yours is a trailer, or a pick-up, or a saloon car, this engine is good for you.
Usable in Extremely Cold Weather: It does have a cold cranking amperes rating of 800. Because of this, expect it not to let you down even in the extremely cold weather conditions. If you live in extremely cold areas, you clearly have this battery for your taking.
Just the Right Size: The battery measures 10 inches long by 6 7/8 inches wide by 7 13/16 inches tall. This is the perfect size for your liking. This is because it is not too large that you cannot lift it comfortably. You will also find the battery very expedient to lift around.
- Topnotch Performance: Performs consistently even under adverse weather conditions
- Excellent Ignition: It is, on the whole, easier to ignite thanks to the optimal starting power
- Duration of Use: They can exude the inherent power for a duration of 100 minutes continuously
- Durable: In all, the battery is more resistant to vibrations and is hence more reliable
- Multidirectional: You may mount this battery in just about any direction!
- Limited Geographical Applicability: It is intended for sale or uses in Catalina Island
- Potentially Dangerous: The high voltage it produces may cause fires or dangers if not handled well
- Weighty: Its overall weight is 38.8 pounds (17.6 kg)
Summary: As you may see from the mini-review above, this battery is indeed suited for extremely cold environments. This is due to its high cold cranking amperes rating of about 800. Do you reside closer to the poles? Are you shopping for a winter battery? If so, grab this battery right away!
Batteries are designed for use in different locations and for diverse purposes. This one is specifically meant for water or damp conditions. This is due to its possession of a number of water-related traits.
Dual-purpose Design: This battery is intended for both starting and deep cycle. As such, it may be utilized by persons who just want to start their vehicles and those who need something deeper. The existence of this feature means greater convenience to you.
High Reserve Capacity: With a reserve capacity of around 120 minutes, you stand to derive plenty of attendant benefits. These include longer shelf life for the batteries and greater reliability. This battery will never let you down when you need it.
Very Tough: Its outer casing is made of very hard plastic that is almost unbreakable. This means your battery will less likely spill and inflict damages and burns on you. Other than that, you will keep enjoying the benefits of this battery for long.
- High Recharge Power: It generates up to 3 times more recharges when compared to the other marine batteries
- Pretty Effective: In all, it has 15 times more vibration resistance compared to ordinary batteries
- Safe and Secure: On the whole, the battery is spill-proof and less vulnerable to acid burns
- Maintenance-free: Requires little to almost no maintenance throughout its lifetime
- Water-resistant: This is a good boat or reserve vehicle battery by reason of being very resistant to water
- Limited Use: May not work well in ordinary vehicles
- Weather-prone: Does not work well for extremely cold periods
- Intricate: Some mastery of technical skills is necessary to appropriately handle the battery
Summary: By being made of hard plastic, this battery is completely waterproof. This combined with its high reserve capacity makes it all the more suited for use in marine vehicles. Do you have a boat that you would like to power? If so, this indeed is the battery to look out for!
Is your need for a battery inspired by multipurpose uses? If so, your battery of choice has to be of high-performance, generate plenty of electrical power, and quite durable. This is that battery you could be looking for.
Deep-cycling Capability: It can be charged and recharged multiple times. This makes it suited for those vehicles that have plenty of accessories. These include high-performance stereo, hydraulics, running lights, and winches, to mention but a few!
Unique SpiralCell Design: This design enables the battery to provide a strong and clean power output. This ensures that your safety, as well as that of your family and environment, is well taken care of. Say goodbye to burns, shocks, or other forms of damages.
Unequaled Reliability: By reason of being 15 times more resistant to shocks and vibrations, this battery accords you unequaled reliability. You will encounter diminished incidences of breakdowns or spillages. You will also spend less to repair and maintain it.
- Great Power: It generates deep-cycle and great cranking power
- Long-lasting: The battery lasts up to three times longer than ordinary batteries
- Faster: In all, it re-charges faster when weighed against ordinary batteries
- Long-term Reliability: This battery has the ability to generate 300+ discharge/recharge cycles
- Eco-friendly: The quality of the power it generates is both strong and clean
- Pricey: It does come at a slightly higher cost
- Low Capacity: The battery has a lower reserve capacity
- Limited Use: Does not perform optimally in damp conditions
Summary: Look no further than this battery if all you are looking for is a battery that can power several devices at a time. As you can see, it is able to multitask and also generates plenty of electrical power. What’s more? It is also ideal for seasonal usage.
Smaller vehicles require correspondingly smaller and lighter batteries. This is because their engines are not as bulky and heavy energy consumers as those of the heavy commercial vehicles. This is the bill that this battery is designed to fit.
High Power Cranking Ability: This battery is able to deliver the power you require to start your engine even in extreme weather conditions. This is courtesy of its high power cranking ability. Even in harsh external climatic conditions, expect to derive great satisfaction from this battery.
Great for Off-road Conditions: By reason of being resistant to vibrations, comprising a durable casing, and being tough, this battery is indeed perfect for off-road conditions. Because of this, this is the battery to settle for if much of your travels entail plying rough conditions.
Excellent Quality: In all, the battery has excellent qualities. It is resistant to leaks, generates high power, and has a higher starting ability. You will just never go wrong by opting to have this battery for your taking.
- Powerful: It generates strong starting burst
- Slightly Long-lasting: In general, it lasts twice as long as ordinary batteries
- Lower Maintenance: It calls for limited maintenance
- Faster: The batter generally charges and recharges faster than ordinary varieties
- Valuable: Returns higher value for money by being used in several vehicles at a time
- Less Applicability: Unsuitable for heavy commercial vehicles
- Limited Lifespan: It lasts shorter than most other batteries
- Bulky: Weighs comparatively more and occupies plenty of space also
Summary: Does your requirement of a battery stem from the need to power smaller vehicles like motorcycles, salon cars, or light trucks? If you answered yes, then this battery is indeed yours for the taking. It has the ability to serve those purposes well.
For general purposes, a special, easy to use, and the multipurpose battery is by all means inevitable. This battery has all those traits and is thus suitable for general purposes. You shall see this in the mini-review below.
Polypropylene Case Material: Its outer casing is made of the Polypropylene material as opposed to the hard plastic as is the case with other batteries of its kind. This material is more durable and reliable. Because of this, expect this battery to last as long as can be.
Accreditations: It is accredited by various organizations such as the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and General Motors (GM). This is a sure sign that you will stand to gain all the best possible benefits from the use of this battery.
Low Self-discharge Rate: In all, this battery has a very low self-discharge rate. This means only a minute percentage of the electrical power seeps out whenever the battery is not in use. Because of this, you also stand to accrue greater returns and lower operational costs.
- Maximum Performance: Higher reserve capacity for reliable performance
- Great Power: The power it generates is clean, Carbon-free and reliable
- Leak-proof: This battery is tight enough to resist leaks
- Multipurpose: It can power several items and accessories at a time
- Reliable: Its performance is not affected at all by bad weather
- Heavy: Slightly heavy and cumbersome to carry around
- Low Power: Generates lower cranking amperes power
- Bulky Size: It measures 10 inches long by 6 7/8 inches wide by 7 13/16 tall. This is quite bulky
Summary: If you have the need to fulfill general purposes in mind, you seriously ought to consider this battery. It is suited for this very purpose. Why don’t you consider giving it a try today? I swear you will never leave to regret it.
The Final Words (Summary)
The verdict is clear. The Optima batteries are your ultimate solution to all of your power needs. This is because they have all the qualities that the ideal battery possesses. They are thus able to fulfill just about every other power needs you may have. This being the case, why don’t you consider purchasing one right away?
Start with any of the ones that optima battery reviews. Do not hesitate in taking this crucial step. That is because you may buy them at a higher price later or settle for an inferior quality type. Take that initial step right away!